Our 1-3 year certificate programe is offered in partnership with CCEF (The Christian Counseling and Educational Foundation) and supported by Oak Hill College.
It provides a theoretical and practical introduction to the biblical counselling approach developed by CCEF who have been setting the pace in biblical counselling for over 40 years.
Short of time?
You can take the first module on its own over 6 months. Go to our Dynamics of Biblical Change for Leaders page.
What’s different about the Certificate Course?
Many in the UK have benefited from CCEF’s Distance Education programme. The Certificate in Biblical Counselling offers the chance to study this material with others.
Students study modules from CCEF online in their own time and attend fortnightly seminars to review the course material together. These seminars and a week-long Summer Intensive add a skills component to the training.
Seminars take place about every two weeks on a weekday evening in term time (7pm – 9pm).
The Course is offered in the following locations:
- Bath – Mondays, Widcombe Baptist Church, Pulteney Road, Bath BA2 4JR Bath leaflet
- Belfast – Thursdays, Union Theological College, 108 Botanic Avenue, Belfast BT7 1JT Belfast leaflet
- Edinburgh – Mondays, St Columba’s Free Church, Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh EH1 2PW Edinburgh leaflet
- Liverpool – Wednesdays, in central Liverpool (email the course administrator for details) Liverpool leaflet
- London – Tuesdays, Oak Hill College, Chase Side, London N14 4PS London leaflet
- Sheffield – Tuesdays, Christ Church Central, Egerton Hall, Fitzwilliam Street, Sheffield S1 4JL Sheffield leaflet
What previous students have said
Allan – Why I did the course
Ali – My highlights
Who would benefit from the Certificate Course?
Current students include pastors, counsellors trained in secular therapies, church pastoral workers and many ‘ordinary’ church members who simply want to improve their ability to love those around them in biblically wise ways.
Summer Intensive 2020
A full-time, residential week, the summer intensive is usually offered in July in at least two venues. Dates for 2020 will be published in the autumn.
The week begins late afternoon on the Sunday and finishes at 5pm on the Friday.
Priority is given to Certificate Course students, but spare places (if any) will be available for non-Certificate Course students who will need as a minimum requirement to have passed the CCEF modules Dynamics of Biblical Change and Helping Relationships.
To request to be notified when/if places are available for the 2020 summer intensive, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.